Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Happy to see you Guest. Your last visit was Wed Dec 31, 1969.

HomeRune Sophia*Latest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

IRC Guide

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Barreloffish

Barreloffish

IRC Guide Empty
PostSubject: IRC Guide   IRC Guide I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 6:55 am

Our clan using Internet Relay Chat (IRC) as an out-game way of communication (besides this forum). It might be complicate as first but it's easy to use once you give it a try.

There are several ways to connect to IRC. I will list some methods below along with the how-to setups.

But first, for those who already know how to use IRC:
Server: irc.swiftirc.net
Channels: #runesophia, #runesophia_UNO, #runesophia_DM (The last two are used occasionally when we have some fun games so it doesn't flood our main channel)

Mibbit:
- By far the easiest. It's a web client for IRC and is free. It works on all PC and MAC browser.

1. Go to Mibbit Webirc and select 'SwiftIRC webirc' from the drop down list of networks.

2. Type in desired nickname (preferably one we know or you'd probably get kicked) and type in #runesophia for channel.

3. Click Go and join our clannies Smile

4. Register your nick by typing !Fregister and follow instructions.
- This command only works if I'm on IRC as well. In case I'm not on, you can follow the instruction in the spoiler:
Spoiler:
5. We also have 2 other channels for occasional fun. You can click on Home tab and repeat step 2 for:
- #runesophia_dm
- #runesophia_uno

Note: You don't need to create a Mibbit account, but you have more control of how your Mibbit IRC looks if you do. If you do create a mobbit account, use webirc.swiftirc.net:5003 for server settings.

Chatzilla:
- It's a free Firefox add-on for IRC. You can download it here from FireFox. By far the easiest method if you're using Firefox (after you follow these instructions).

- Once you have downloaded and install chatzilla add-on, follow the below steps.

1. Open chatzilla and join server by typing: /server irc.swiftirc.net

2. Join our channel after you've joined the server by typing: /j #runesophia

3. Register your nick by typing !Fregister and follow instructions.
- This command only works if I'm on IRC as well. In case I'm not on, you can follow the instruction in the spoiler:
Spoiler:
4. Set your settings for futures so it will automate you every time you open chatzilla.

- Click chatzilla > Preferences
- Click Global setting, then Startup tab
- Under auto-connect URLs, click add and enter: irc://irc.swiftirc.net
- Click irc.swiftirc.net under global settings
- Then click List tab
- Repeat auto-perform: msg nickserv identify PASSWORD*
- Under auto-perform, click Add and enter: j runesophia
- Repeat auto-perform: j runesophia_dm
- Repeat auto-perform: j runesophia_uno
- Click apply, OK to close it. all done

* Replace PASSWORD with the password you registered your nick in step 3.

mIRC
- mIRC is 1 month free trial, however after the trial expired you could still use it for free. Just have to deal with a tiny annoyance. You may download it here. mIRC is easy once you get a hang of it, and have ability to write/host scripts (for experienced users)

- I'm tired and lazy to write everything again, so I'll just link to swiftirc mIRC (server that we connect IRC to) for better instructions with images. Should their site ever down, let me know and I'll add my version of instructions.

Swiftkit
- For those of you who use Swiftkit, you already have IRC, click Swiftirc Swiftkit for instructions. If you don't have swiftkit, you can download it here.

More IRC clients
Click here for the list of other IRC clients with instructions.

COMMANDS
- Now that you have joined our channel, you should know that Q is not a real person but a service bot (you can just completely ignore it) and Vectra is another bot, but very useful. Click here for a list of Vectra commands.

A few basic commands you should know:
- When you type ! before a command (e.g. !stats) the result will only be shown to you, while if you type @ it will be shown to everyone in the channel.

- Actions: you can type actions by typing /me, e.g. /me waves to everyone

- !@Stats rs-name(either !Stats or @Stats) - Will command Vectra to look up your stats or someone else.

- !@Track rs-name - Will show how much exp you earned within a week

- !@Skill-name rs-name - Will show that particular skill stats.

- !@GE item-name - Will look up that item on Grand Exchange

- Some fun commands such as !@mm and !@ss, !@coffee

Note: If you want to look up your own stats or tracking, you don't need to type your own name (if your nick matches your runescape name), e.g !@Stats. Should your nick doesn't match you need to type your rs name, or you could type !@defname rs-name to set your name so you can use commands without your own name. Also, Q and Vectra are IRC bots, not a cheating bot for cheating on runescape.

Well, hope to see you on IRC soon.

Last edited by Barreloffish on Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Enscoosne

Enscoosne

IRC Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: IRC Guide   IRC Guide I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 2:52 pm

Mibbit is supposed to work on Blackberries, but I haven't gotten it to work yet. Any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
Barreloffish

Barreloffish

IRC Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: IRC Guide   IRC Guide I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 4:03 pm

I'm not sure as I don't have blackberries. I don't think you need any apps for it. Just go to the website on your phone and connect (just like a computer browser). I found a youtube video showing how to do it on iPhone. So probably the same for blackberries.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

IRC Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: IRC Guide   IRC Guide I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

IRC Guide
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Clan Town :: The Library :: Helpdesk-
Jump to: